Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is a standard interface for sending and receiving bills of lading, invoices and other formatted documents electronically. Traditionally, EDI software is an expensive, labor-intensive enterprise for a company. Pallet WMS’s EDI module provides you with an EDI system that allows you to connect with trading partners’ demanding EDI integration without the need to leave Pallet WMS or work with hard-to-read documents.
Many of today’s leading corporations demand that their trading partners have the ability to reliably exchange EDI documents when sending invoices and receiving orders. They are under pressure to reduce their procurement process costs by automating manual processes. Pallet WMS’s EDI module can help you operate a large corporation by automating data entry and reducing duplication and errors.
Pallet WMS have developed a module that allows Pallet WMS users to effortlessly import and export EDI files to and from their Pallet WMS system. It works as follows:
- Pallet WMS customers use True Commerce as their EDI solutions and translation provider.
- The customer’s portal is set up to automatically export raw EDI files to a specified folder.
- Those files are imported to Pallet WMS with the click of a button.
- Orders from your trading partner then get processed like all other orders, until the Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) and Invoicing stages, where Pallet WMS will export raw EDI documents right into the True Commerce portal and send them to the trading partner.
The EDI solutions offered by Pallet WMS:
- Converts EDI purchase orders into customer orders and automatically enters them into Pallet WMS
- Converts internal customer invoices into EDI invoices
- Converts EDI ship-to addresses into your internal Pallet WMS ship-to file
- Import and export features: for quick synchronization of EDI data with your Pallet WMS system
- Form-based entry of EDI documents
- Place EDI documents on hold between transmission stages
- UPC Code verifier
- No complex mapping of data required. All trading partners are sold in complete kits ready to go
- Full error checking of documents with management reports
- Provides a simple user-friendly environment
- Support for all X12, UCS, ANSI and VICS standards
- Support for the following EDI document formats:
- 810 Invoice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 856 Ship Notice/Manifest
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- 997 Functional Acknowledgement
- 875 = UCS purchase order
- 880 = UCS invoice
Want to try it for yourself? Give us a call or request a demo to see what our EDI can do for you!